Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Volks Wig Review

I recently purchased a Volks bob-style wig in size 9-10. On the top of the box, it says "ITEM W-55N COL 33T". I'm assuming those are the style and color codes. Anyway, the color is superb - a platinum (almost white) blonde.



Touching the wig, it feels very soft and smooth and has great movement to it. Not at all stiff or plastic-y. There were some flyaways, but nothing major.



The part looks very good from the top... very natural and no cap showing between the two sides.



Now, I did notice the wig cap shows through when viewing from the side. The hairs can be rearranged to cover I suppose.



The cap is also visible from the front unless the bangs are smoothed just right. I'm not sure if it's just because this wig is such a light color or if Volks just isn't sewing in enough fibers to fill out these spaces, but with a retail value of $36, I'd expect better quality. I'm not disappointed since I didn't pay full price on this one, but bought it new off of someone else.



So, in my opinion, though the style and color are adorable, and the fibers are soft and bouncy, I wouldn't pay full retail for this wig.

No comments:

Post a Comment