Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Resinsoul Doll Review

I purchased a Resinsoul doll from the Den of Angels Marketplace in late 2014. As this company seems to have mixed reviews (either people really love or really hate these dolls it seems), I thought I'd share my experience and thoughts.

Here is the company website: Resinsoul

What was purchased: 68cm Resinsoul Ling in white skin, cast in 2013



Company
I bought her secondhand, so I don't have much of a company review. I can say that both times I emailed RS, they responded within 24 hours and provided photos to assist me. They were very polite.

Resin
I've handled dolls from various more expensive companies (Dollshe, Elfdoll, Souldoll, Fairyland, etc) and I must say the resin quality is at about the same level. It's matte, smooth to the touch, and the color is completely even. No seams were visible. The doll was quite lightweight as compared to other dolls of this size.

I did notice that down the legs, the resin wasn't completely smoothed. There are little smooth dents down the legs, almost like a light case of cellulite. I don't feel like this was damage that occured after the doll was made, but more that it was a casting issue. Not a huge issue, as the resin could be smoothed with sandpaper.


blank head


hands


feet

Skintone
RS white skin is PAPER white. It was a little shockingly stark at first, but it would actually work very well for a gothic, ghost, or fair-haired character.

Posability
I know a lot of people recommend these dolls to newcomers in the hobby as a first doll, the price being lower than most other companies. I do not. The posability of these dolls is very poor without some help. Even after restringing, the arms and legs were very kicky, the torso popped out of place quite often, and the doll absolutely could not stand on her own. After sueding and wiring, the posability did become more manageable and she could stand, but it's still not dolly dreams are made of. I do like the double-joints though. I feel like the addition of exta joints is very nice, especially considering the price. This girl also sat very erect and sturdy even before any modifications were done.

Added note: I've used acetone on this resin and noticed no adverse reaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment