Tuesday, January 13, 2015

About

The Girl
I'm 25 years old and live down in South Georgia with my husband, our two toddler daughters, and our fuzz-son - Charlie, the miniature schnauzer (who ended up being not so mini). Full-time, I'm a mommy to my two and four-year olds. I work retail in a clothing department store on the weekends for extra pocket money (read - doll money). I enjoy photography, art, reading smutty romance novels, horror movies, and playing with dolls ;)

I've loved and collected dolls since I was a child, and that love has carried over into my adulthood. I actually discovered and joined the Asian Ball Jointed Doll hobby back in 2006. My first BJD was an Elfdoll Soah, purchased from Junkyspot. I was hooked and more large-sized dolls arrived over the next few years. I hit college age, life got complicated and free time became non-existent. My dolls ended up in their boxes more often than not, so I decided it was time to part with them. One by one, they were all sold - my Soah being the last I would let go.

Well, years went by, and I had children. As I'd walk the toy isles, shopping for dolls for my girls, that old love crept back into my life. I started out by fixing up and customizing old dolls my girls had discarded, then I bought my own Monster High doll and repainted it... while shopping for a wig for the MH custom, there they were again... beautiful BJDs.

My husband bought me a Resinsoul Ling a few weeks later ;) And here we are, fully returned from hiatus. This go round, I have actually started doing my own aesthetic work instead of always buying company default faceups and such. It's been an interesting journey for sure and a real learning experience. I love making the dolls I choose my own little creations.

If you're looking for me elsewhere, I frequent the following websites:
voodoolie @ Deviant Art
dollieaddict @ Den of Angels
voodooliedolls @ Flickr
voodoolie @ Blogger



The Camera
My photos are taken with an EOS Canon Rebel T2i DSLR.



The Site
Voodoolie Dolls is first and foremost, a boredom buster. Something to fiddle with while my girls nap. It started out as just a regular blog (first on Blogger then on Tumblr), but I thought it'd be fun to share some tips and tricks I've learned over the years in this hobby.

This site has been tested in Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. I personally use Chrome, so that's the browser it tends to look/operate best in. Designed for 1280x800 screen resolution.

Please note: Photos, content, coding, and layout belong to me (unless otherwise stated). Please do not use anything without my permission.

Brush Credits:
Azurylipfesstock @ Deviant Art
Star Sunflower Studo
Celestial Star